Celebrating nature in art and books
Audubon Society of Portland Wild Arts Festival 2018, November 17 and 18
Welcome to the 2018 Audubon Society of Portland Wild Arts Festival. Now in its 38th year, the Festival celebrates nature in art and books. This jury prospectus will provide you with the information you need to submit an application online.
The Wild Arts Festival will be held at Montgomery Park Building
in Northwest Portland on November 17 and 18, 2018
— the weekend before Thanksgiving. Over the years the Festival has become one of the premier regional art shows featuring work focused on nature in both medium and style. Our 2017 Festival set another record in attendance, artist sales and sponsorships, which raised close to $124,000 for Portland Audubon.
The Wild Arts Festival is a key fundraising event of the Audubon Society of Portland and is possible only because of the efforts of over 250 volunteers who work to produce the event and assist the artists and authors. All proceeds of the Wild Arts Festival benefit the programs of Portland Audubon.
Founded in 1902 by local conservationists, Portland Audubon is one of the oldest and most effective conservation organizations in the nation. For 116 years, Portland Audubon has been a leader in wildlife habitat protection and natural history education. The Society’s mission is to promote the enjoyment, understanding and protection of native birds and other wildlife, and their habitats.
Audubon Society of Portland has been protecting Oregon’s wildlife and wild places for more than a century. Help us do it for another 100 years!
Wild Arts Festival 2018
Audubon Society of Portland
Artist Jury Information
Scheduled for November 17 and 18 at Montgomery Park Building, 2701 NW Vaugh, Portland, Oregon, the Wild Arts Festival will feature approximately 60 artists and 35 authors in a lively atmosphere. Hours are 10–6 pm on Saturday and 11–5 pm on Sunday, with an anticipated attendance of 5,000 people. Attendees will have the opportunity to visit with and purchase the work of regional artists and authors. In addition, our Silent Auction, the 6x6 Wild Arts Project, appearances of Portland Audubon Education Birds of prey and a café are part of the Festival.
Check for the latest Festival updates at wildartsfestival.org/
All media and styles of art are eligible for jurying. A combination of original work and reproductions of artists’ originals will be allowed. Art may not contain bird feathers or bones. Any exceptions to these guidelines will be at the jury’s discretion.
All art should include one or more of the following elements:
• Nature or wildlife as a subject
• Natural materials as medium
• Art that promotes environmental sustainability or uses recycled materials
Artists are responsible for providing their booth structure and setting it up. They will be assigned a space and booth set-up will be from 3–10 pm, Friday, November 16, 2018.
Each booth must be:
• Free standing
• Under 8' in height and cover free
Due to the configuration of the Montgomery Park Building, booth sizes vary — most will average 8' x 8'. A limited number of double booths will be available for an additional fee. The WAF Artists Committee will jury and assign booths for the Festival.
600 watts of electricity for each booth is included in fee.
Terms for participation
All participating artists must agree to the following terms:
• Be present during the entire show
• Bring enough work for sales throughout the two-day show
• Pay the non-refundable $250 booth fee at time of registration
• Pay a 10% commission to Audubon Society of Portland on all work sold or commissioned at the Festival. At check out, you report your total sales to our check-out attendants, and the commission is due at that time.
Jury submission details
Please review all information on this prospectus carefully before registering.
To apply for this show you must first register and pay the $35 fee. After registration, and anytime through April 16, 2018, you may login to upload your images or change previously uploaded images.
To find out more information about specific art categories and criteria go to wildartsfestival.org/artists
. We have also posted two tutorials to help you become more familiar with the registration process (see "New User Tutorials" in the banner above).
Please note: Artists may apply in up to two art categories and only one jury fee will be charged. For the second category, you must submit a second application.
To submit your application we require:
• Jury entry fee of $35 (payable online)
• Five digital images of your current work (jpg; 960 pixel min on long edge; 4 MP max file size.)
• A sixth image of your booth set up
• Artist statement and list of any previous show experience (enter in "profile/vitae: of "user profile" section)
Wild Arts Festival 2018 timeline
• Jury applications must be completed online by April 16
• Jury decisions will be emailed to artists by May 18
• Artists’ acceptance agreement and non-refundable booth fee due by June 29
• Artists’ information packet will be mailed by October 1
• Artists’ set up at Montgomery Park, Friday, November 16
• Wild Arts Festival, Saturday and Sunday, November 17 and 18
Contact Carol Enyart
Audubon Society of Portland
Wild Arts Festival